Monday, December 1, 2008

Is it really too good to be true?

So I am writing this blog to hopefully receive some insight and direction from my most cherished friends and family members. So please after reading, let me know what you think. Chase has an opportunity to do some of the summer selling with a security systems company. My Grandma Tew actually uses this company's secutriy system herself. But anway, one is his mission companions does it and last summer made over $100,000. I am not saying Chase will make that much, but even if he could make a third of that it would give us enough to pay for both of us to finish our BS degrees, as well as to pay off our car. which would both be a great relief to us and my parents. The catch is that I would stay here in Provo so we would be able to keep our insurance and my tuition reimburment, both of which I get through my job, that once I quite I am not longer eligable. So I would stay here and work, and if Chase takes this opportunity he would most likely be on the east coast. I would maybe be able to go and visit him about once a month, but he would be gone for about three and a half. We are not sure what we are going to or should do. So I am wondering what advice some of my family members and friends think. Love you all -- Ashlee

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashlee - that's a really tough choice. I can just say that living in Grenada many of the wives have had to go home for long periods of time for various reasons. One of my friends had to go home the entire second year of school because they could not afford to have her down here. It's definitely a choice you guys have to make, but it's doable. And if it benefits your family in the long run then maybe it's the best thing. Then again maybe it isn't. I just thought I'd let you know that I know lots of couples who have had to make similar sacrifices and they are strong loving families. You wouldn't be alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason and I have made some decisions that we thought would help us in the long-run. In some aspects those decisions did help us tremendously, and in other ways have hurt us just as equally. However, I can look back at the confirmations we received to go ahead with those decisions, and then I have to trust in the Lord.

    Being apart for 3 months would be difficult for any married couple, but especially for newlyweds. However, as Sara said, it is doable. Seek a confirmation, maybe even counsel through priesthood blessings, then move forward and allow yourself to feel at peace with your decison - whatever it is, even when the long-run consequences may be painful.

    ReplyDelete